Dremel Race Official Rules
The Ready, Set, Dremel® Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE. A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN Only TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED States AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS and OLDer AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
The Ready, Set, Dremel Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (“Sponsor”), 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056.
- ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on February 14, 2019 at 12:00:00 AM (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 8, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Entry Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years and older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, distributors, and companies involved in the implementation and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”) and each of their respective immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, an entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. Entrants and/or potential winners may be required to provide proof of identification and eligibility as required by Sponsor.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: During the Entry Period you may enter this Sweepstakes by using one of the following means of entry set forth below. Each entry whether an Initial Entry or Refer-A-Friend Entry (as each is defined below) shall be considered an “Entry” under this Sweepstakes and all such entries shall together constitute “Entries” under this Sweepstakes.
- Initial Entry: During the Entry Period, an entrant must visit https://www.dremel.com/en_US/race (“Website”), and enter the requested registration information, which may include, but is not limited to, his/her complete first and last name (no initials), email address, full mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, ZIP Code and confirmation that he/she has read and agrees to these Official Rules. After registering for the Sweepstakes, the entrant will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes (an “Initial Entry”). Limit one (1) Initial Entry per person per email account per household during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. Any attempts by an entrant to submit more than one (1) Initial Entry per person per email account, per household during the Sweepstakes Period (regardless of method of entry) will result in such entrant being disqualified. Each Initial Entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) of the email address submitted with the Entry.
- Additional Refer-a-Friend Entries: If an entrant enters this Sweepstakes by submitting an Initial Entry as provided above, upon submitting his/her Initial Entry, he/she will receive an email containing a custom URL address that directly links to the Website (“Custom URL Link”). The entrant will be entered additional times in this Sweepstakes by sharing his/her Custom URL Link with friends that ultimately enter the Sweepstakes through such entrant’s Custom URL Link (“Refer-A-Friend Entry”). Entrants can share his/her Custom URL Link with friends by, for example, posting the Custom URL Link to his/her social media account (subject to any applicable restrictions on the applicable social media platform). Our systems can track how many persons have entered the Sweepstakes through an entrant’s Custom URL Link. Entrants will receive one (1) Refer-A-Friend Entry into the Sweepstakes for every friend who successfully enters the Sweepstakes through the entrant’s Custom URL Link, up to a maximum of ten (10) Refer-A-Friend Entries. The maximum number of entries any entrant can have is eleven (11) – one Initial Entry plus ten (10) Refer-A-Friend Entries.
- SELECTION OF SWEEPSTAKES WINNER: One (1) potential grand prize winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period (regardless of method of entry) in a random drawing to be held on or about September 30, 2019 at Sponsor’s office in Mount Prospect, Illinois. Winner need not be present. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
The grand prize winner is considered a potential winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
- Grand Prize (1): One (1) grand prize is available in the Sweepstakes:
- Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive the following: One (1) Dremel 4300 5/40, One (1) Dremel Ultra-Saw™US40-01, One (1) Dremel Versa™, One (1) Dremel Mult-Max™ 35-01, One (1) Dremel 8220 1/28, One (1) Dremel Stylo+ 2050-15 (collectively, the “Prize”)
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all prizes available in the Sweepstakes is $549.94.
- Prize Conditions: In no event will more prizes than are stated in these Official Rules be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received), Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize in a random drawing from among all prize claims received. The right to receive the Prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no Prize substitution, exchange, or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the Prize or force majeure. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of the Prize are permitted by a winner. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any inability of a winner to accept or use any portion of the Prize for any reason. Federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely each winner’s responsibility.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: The potential grand prize winner will be notified via email to the email address submitted with his/her Initial Entry on or around September 30, 2019. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Before being declared the verified Prize winner, the potential Prize winner may be required to complete, sign, and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) and a tax acknowledgement form (collectively, the “Affidavit”) within seven (7) calendar days from the date it is postmarked as being e-mailed to the potential winner by the Sponsor. If the potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, Sponsor is unable to contact the potential winner, or the Prize notification or any Prize component is returned undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited, and in the Sponsor's sole discretion, the forfeited Prize may be awarded to an alternate grand prize winner. If the Sponsor wishes to select an alternative potential grand prize winner, it will select this alternative potential grand prize winner at random from the pool of remaining eligible Entries received for the applicable Entry Period. Upon verification of eligibility, the Prize will be mailed to the winner at the physical address (P.O. Boxes are not permitted) provided during Sweepstakes registration. Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in providing the Prize for any reason. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to provide or deliver the Prize, the Prize may not be awarded. The Prize is not transferable. The Prize will only be provided to the verified winner.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, Web masters and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, designees and agents (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail notifications or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections or availability; or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/UseNet accessibility, availability or traffic congestion; or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error; or unauthorized human intervention; or inaccurate capture of Sweepstakes-related information; or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. The Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any website users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any Sweepstakes-related website(s). Released Parties are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize. Released Parties shall not be responsible or liable for Entries entered by any automated computer, program, mechanism or device; for any Entries in excess of the stated limit; or for Entries that are late, forged, lost, misplaced, misdirected, tampered with, incomplete, deleted, damaged, garbled or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and all such Entries will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified.
If for any reason, Sponsor believes the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the winners in a manner it deems fair and reasonable. Notice of such cancelation, termination, or modification of the Sweepstakes shall be posted at the Website. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (ii) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (iii) to waive all of his or her rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes; and (iv) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (a) the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the entrant’s Entries, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (b) the violation of any third-party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights; (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials; (d) acceptance, receipt, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, nonuse, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the Prize (or any component thereof); (e) change in the Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot or other cause beyond any of the Released Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation or modification of the Sweepstakes; (g) human error; (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of an entry; (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any social media platform or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, mobile device, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by an entrant; and (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website or any other Sweepstakes-related websites or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems.
Without limiting the foregoing, everything regarding this Sweepstakes, including Prize components, are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied (including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement), BEYOND THE CUSTOMARY WARRANTY PROVIDED WHEN THE PRIZE (OR PRIZE COMPONENTS) IS SOLD AT RETAIL. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusions of implied warranties, therefore some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OR HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY ENTRANT AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
Further, entrants hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Entrants agree that the rights and obligations of any entrant and/or Sweepstakes Entities and/or any other party shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the Prize, each entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: Any attempted form of participation in this Sweepstakes other than as described herein is void. If it is discovered or suspected at Sponsor’s sole discretion that an entrant has entered or attempted to enter more than once using multiple multiple e-mail addresses, multiple identities, proxy servers or like methods, all of that entrant’s entries will be declared null and void, and that entrant may be ineligible to win the Prize. Also, if it is discovered that any entrant attempts to receive additional entries in excess of the stated limitation, that entrant will, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address registered to the winning Entry will be declared the winner. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes may void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules, and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials (including, but not limited to, point of sale, television and print advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of the names of the winners, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope in an envelope to: Ready, Set, Dremel Sweepstakes – PT-RT/MKB , 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056. Winners List requests must be received by December 31, 2019.
Sponsored by Robert Bosch Tool Corporation, 1800 W. Central Road, Mount Prospect, IL 60056.
© 2019 Robert Bosch Tool Corporation. All rights reserved.